As technology changes and more media outlets compete for customers’ time, providing an enjoyable experience is critical to both attracting and keeping users..
This class aims to demystify UX by giving a practical and simple introduction to what UX is while also explaining some of its core concepts of usability. This is a field that affects all areas of business — prepare to dip your toes into an ocean of new concepts and ideas that will enlighten your perspective on the human-computer interaction experience.
- Discover what user experience is
- Use the core components of usability to evaluate web and mobile experiences
- Learn how to identify the different roles within UX and the responsibilities of each
- Discover what the field of UX encompasses and how it is related to other disciplines
- Learn about how user experience fits into product development lifecycles
- Understand the core UX activities, methods and deliverables (such as wireframes, site maps, user flows, prototypes), their purpose
- Introduction of the methods used for creating UX documents and the software commonly used
- Learn about the importance of qualitative and quantitative research
- Introduction to what user testing is, conduct a session and learn about the importance of an iterative design process
- Find out how to sell the value of UX
- Learn about how to kick off a career in UX
This workshop will be completely live and online.
In preparation, please download Zoom and Slack.
This session will not be recorded, however slides will be shared following the class.