Are you looking to understand visual design fundamentals to communicate your specific message to a targeted audience, but aren’t sure where to start? This Intro to Visual Design is perfect for you!
In this free, two-hour livestream, we’ll cover the purpose of visual design, the theory behind design thinking, and how it relates to UX design. You'll learn some basic visual elements and design principles, including typography, colour, contrast, gestalt principles of perception, and more. You'll leave with an understanding of the UX fundamentals of visual design and design thinking, and the knowledge to go on and create work of your own.
Join us for Intro to Visual Design to learn the basics, and gain the essential skills to create your own design collateral!
- Understand the purpose of visual design and the value it brings to the overall user experience.
- Gain a vocabulary for critiquing and communicating visual problems and solutions to the user interface.
- Learn the background of key visual design elements and components.
- Start to identify aspects that make certain design principles work (or not work).
- Come away with an idea of how UX and design work in relation to a website or app.
- Visual Design 101 is taken completely online, and requires a computer and a strong internet connection.
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class. NOTE: Some domains block our automated emails, so If you don’t receive sign-in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll send sign-in instructions right away!